The Indianapolis Colts picked up where they left off before their bye week this Sunday against the Houston Texans. After beating the odds in Arrow Head against the Chiefs, the Colts got a much needed break to give some beat up players’ time to recuperate. The Colts came out of the bye week against the Texans with a chance to take the AFC South lead.

The Colts won the coin toss and elected to defer possession until the second half. After an opening drive punt by Houston, the Colts found the end zone via an 11-yard pass completion to receiver Zach Pascal. Following a second punt, the Colt’s head coach Frank Reich made a risky decision to go for it on fourth down. That plan fell through as a Marlon Mack pitch was snuffed out by the Texan defense. The Texans used that mistake as an opportunity for a field goal making the score 7-3. The Colts would then have a snap issue that resulted in a fumble recovered by the Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus. With the ball on the Indy 4-yard line, the Colts defense stepped up forcing the second punt of the game for Ka’imi Fairbairn. The Colts answered the score with one of their own coming off of a 2-yard passing touchdown from Brissett to receiver TY Hilton making the score 14-6. The Texans quickly moved 67 yards down the field to kick their third field goal. That would be the last score of the half leaving the Colts in the lead 14-9.

The Colts started the second half with the ball and they took advantage by scoring a 4-yard touchdown from an Eric Ebron one-handed snag in the back of the end zone. The Colts defense showed signs of struggle on the next drive which only lasted five plays and ended with a touchdown by receiver Keke Coutee. Indy followed the score with a third passing touchdown by quarterback Jacoby Brissett to Pascal. Feeling the pressure the Texans then went for a fourth-down conversion that would come up short. The Colts, however, were unable to capitalize on great field position and were forced to punt. The Texans struggle on defense continued on the next drive when quarterback Deshaun Watson threw an interception to defensive back, Pierre Desir. After another missed chance to put the game way, the Colts punted for only their second time of the season. Following the punt, Houston put together a quick six-play drive that ended with a DeAndre Hopkins touchdown. The Colts punted yet again, but punter Rigoberto Sanchez was able to pin the Texans back in their 3-yard line. The Texans, down by 5 decided to take a safety instead of punting. The Texan defense came up big forcing the fourth straight Colt punt. Now the Texans had a final opportunity to tie the game. The drive was ended and so was the game when linebacker Darius Leonard, who just came off of an injury, came up with an interception after Watson’s ball was bobbled by his intended receiver Coutee. The Colts then kneeled on the ball ending the game with a 7-point victory of 30-23.

The Colts finished off the game and took the AFC South lead. Brissett threw for 326 yards and 4 touchdowns, becoming the fourth colt with 300 plus yards and 4 touchdowns. He joins the company of Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck as the only others to do so. Zach Pascal showed out with 106 yards receiving on 6 targets and he added 2 touchdowns.

The Colts welcome the Denver Broncos into Lucas Oil Stadium next Sunday at 1 pm. The Colts are now 4-2 on the season and 2-0 in the division.